- 1x Clear Plastic Shield
- 1x Head Strap (elastic bands)
- 1x Forehead Sponge
The clear plastic shield ships unattached. Instructions for attaching the clear plastic shield will be included with the shipment.What material is used to make the clear face shield and headband of these face shields?
The face shield is typically made from PET with a thickness of .005” - .010”. The head strap is typically elastic.
PET Clear Plastic Shield Safety Data Sheet:
This is up to each healthcare facility or individual to decide. Feedback from physicians and infection control groups suggests that the Face Shield product is suitable for reuse with appropriate cleaning in between patients. Each hospital should determine appropriate use / reuse protocols based on a review of the product by the hospital’s Infection Control group. For personal reuse, please wipe it with alcohol or disinfected wipers, and reuse it after drying naturally.Are the face shields delivered sterile?
No. The face shields delivered to facilities or individuals should be considered non-sterile. Consult the CDC for the latest guidance on disinfectants known to be effective for the intended use. The following cleaning materials may be appropriate:
- Isopropanol (70%) wipe
- Disinfected wiper
The following are not compatible with the materials and should not be used to clean the face shields:
- Hydrogen peroxide vapor sterilization
- Soak in isopropanol or other organic solvents
In the United States, Face Shields are currently considered Class I 510(k) exempt products by the Federal Drug Administration. Based on current FDA Guidance, these Face Shields do not require FDA clearance.
Per current FDA Guidance:
- These products are not “surgical masks” or “full face respirators”. A safety data sheet with respect to the materials included in these products is provided above.
- The products are not recommended for use in any surgical setting or where significant exposure to liquid, bodily or other hazardous fluids, may be expected; use in a clinical setting where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high (without the use of a primary barrier such as a N95 or surgical mask); and use in the presence of a high intensity heat source or flammable gas.
- The product does not make any claims of particulate filtration or possession of antibacterial or anti-viral properties.
Yes, the face shield is designed to be disposable. We recommend treating used face shields as a biohazard and disposing of them using standard procedures.
Can we customize our logo on the Face Shield?
Yes, we accept customized logo order with your specific requirements. Please click HERE for business order inquiry.